Questions and Answers
1. Puppy Adoption Form:
A lot of love, time, energy, and sleepless nights go into raising each one of our puppies and because of this we want to be sure each puppy that we place receives a wonderful, loving, and safe new home. Before placing a deposit and/or purchasing a puppy from us you will need to fill out our puppy questonnaire. Please click the link below. This will help us in ensuring that our babies receive the very best homes possible!
Click Here to fill out our Puppy Adoption Form
2. Forms of Payment:
- Check (deposit only (deposit only)
- PayPal (must include paypal fees)
No puppy will leave until full payment has been made and cleared from the bank! All checks returned for NSF will be charged an additional $35.00 and will be returned to client in exchange for cash. Cash payment are due within 3 days of notification. All deposits and/or payments are non-refundable!
3. Balance Due at the Time of Pick Up:
Any balance due on your new puppy must be paid in CASH at the time you pick up your new puppy at the age of 8-9 weeks old.
All deposits/payments are non-refundable and no puppy will leave until full payment is received and cleared from the bank.
4. How Much?
$1200 -$2000 limited registration (spay/neuter contract)
If you would like full registration (only to small/in-home qualified/experienced breeders) the cost is $300 plus the cost of the pug puppy. This must be approved through Barbara J. Briggs via phone and photos of where you are raising your litters.
5. Waiting List:
I have many requests for pug puppys thourghout the year. I usually have more clients on my waiting lists then pups available. Iy you would like a pug pup from House of Briggs Pugs please fill out the, Puppy Adoption Form, Your name will be put on my waiting list. If there is not a puppy that you are interested in when it is your turn to pick you have the option to pass and wait for the next available litter. If there are no puppies available when it is your turn to pick your name will stay on the list until there is a puppy for you. If you would like to be removed from the list for whatever reason please let me know and I will remove your name from the list.
6. PICKING TIME:
We normally start picking at around 3-4 weeks of age. We will contact each family in the order of our waiting list until all puppies are spoken for. You are welcome to come to our home to pick out your puppy or you can pick through pictures. Once you choose your puppy we do require a half down deposit to hold/reserve your new puppy.
7. Do I have any puppies now?:
I do work off a waiting list and rarely ever have puppies posted available on our site. However, on the rare occassion that we do have a puppy listed as available do require a deposit of $400 to hold/reserve the puppy. No puppy will be held or reserved without a deposit!
All deposits go towards the total purchase price of your puppy. All deposits are non-refundable for whatever reason! Please be sure that you want one of our puppies before placing a deposit.
8. Do I Ship?
I do ship, I use:
1527 GRAND BLVD
KANSAS CITY, MO 64108
NOTE: Many airlines have banned the shipment of all snub-nosed breeds as cargo, such as Pugs, during the hottest months of the year June, July, August. However, airlines still allow in-cabin shipping of snub-nosed breeds which can either be done with a puppy nanny or you can fly in and have your puppy be your carry-on.
9. What is included with my Pug puppy?
- Each of our puppies are thoroughly vet checked at least twice by a licensed veterinarian and come with a health certificate from our vet
- A health guarantee
- Registration papers,
- All required shots/dewormings
- Informative AKC puppy package
- Nu-Vet information and samples
- Canidae Puppy Pack
- Not to mention pre-spoiled and very well socialized with other dogs and young children.
- Plus, we will always be available to answer any questions you may have concerning your new baby even after he/she leaves our home!
10. Full rights vs limited rights
- Limited rights - usually what a potential pet owner would have, still AKC but you may not register litters of puppies.
- Full rights - are for the breeder/pet owner, that wants to breed their pug and have pups, they may register litters with the AKC.